20 March 2007

Drugs don't work

It is my particular belief that the occasional use of drugs does little to no harm. However it really is dependant on the kind of person that indulges in them, whether you use or abuse drugs, there is a rather prominent line and you need to know where it starts.
I have several friends who smoke so much weed that the word paranoid really does not shed light upon their mental state. I believe that cannabis should be legalised but i also believe after witnessing some of my beloved friend's boyfriends that drugs can and do, do damage. My lovely friend goes through daily interrogation and general hardship because her boyfriend is reliant on a herb. A strong link has been proved between the use of Cannabis and Schizophrenia, whereby people, especially young men who use a heavy amount of Cannabis over a long period of time can induce Psychosis. This is made highly apparent with certain people and i forever worry that one day his paranoia will get the better of him and he'll hurt my friend.
The use of drugs is a dangerous game and it should be played with causion.

No comments: