16 March 2007

An anonymous drugs experience 3

I was going to my friend’s house party when one of my mates asked me if I wanted to try mushrooms that evening. He told me about the funny trips that he’d experienced on them and said I’d have a whale of a time. I agreed and he gave me a bag full, I didn’t know how many to take or what to do with them so I ate the whole lot. At the party I had a couple of drinks and went for a few spliffs out the back. About two hours passed and still there was no effect so I carried on drinking and smoking away. There was a kid called Danny who is amazing on the drums and was ripping it up in front of an audience of about 25 people, I was enjoying his performance and was lying on the floor under a tiger-skin blanket.
Suddenly the room started swaying slightly and I shut my eyes hard to try and make the feeling pass. I opened them again and looked up; the first thing that caught m eye was a picture of a Bengal tiger on my mate’s bedroom. Casually the tiger moved in the picture to look at me then stepped out of the frame and took a step towards me. I looked around the room in a panic to see if anyone else was seeing what I was. They were still rocking away to Danny on the drums and hadn’t seen the tiger. I started screaming and tried crawling out of the room as quickly as I could; I jumped to my feet and ran as quick as I could away from the tiger. When I got to the end of the corridor it was there waiting for me so I turned and ran back as quick as I could. People were laughing and pointing at me and I was screaming at them to get away from the tiger but they wouldn’t listen they just laughed more. In the end one of my friends grabbed me and told me to calm down, he sat me down in the kitchen and got me a glass of water. I started to calm down slightly when the host of the party’s mum came into the room wanted to know what the screaming was about. I panicked ran straight for the door and jumped into the only hiding place I could see. It happened to be the pond! I hid under the water for as long as I could until I needed a breathe, I jumped out of the water screaming “IT’S COLD!” someone pulled me out and tried to dry me off a bit. I was freezing and decided to take my trousers off because they were soaked. I tried to chill out and stared at the floor for a while. When I looked up everyone’s heads were stretching out and wobbling around, that was the final straw and I decided I was getting out of this place. I got up and ran for the road; I shot out of the garden gate and straight into a moving taxi. I hit the floor like a sack of bricks and laid there with my head spinning for a while. Someone got me up and told me to go back inside, they pushed me in the bathroom and told me to grab a towel and dry myself off. I turned the light on and looked around, I suddenly noticed the whole floor was covered in razor blades so I jumped in the bath and started shouting for help. I took the rest of my clothes off and ripped the shower curtain off the rails and laid them on the floor so I could get to the door without cutting my feet. I opened the door to the shouts of “oh my god he’s naked, what’s he doing?” I saw the stairs and started heading up them but then suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and I was thrown down the stairs, everything went black and the next thing I know I open my eyes and its daylight and I’m in a cupboard feeling very messy and swearing never to take mushrooms again!

No comments: