16 March 2007

An anonymous drugs experience

The first time I dropped ecstasy, I started with a half and took ages to come up so I did another half and I hit euphoria. I popped another two pills that night and to some this might sound sad but it truly was one of the best nights of my life and I’ve never buzzed like that since. The feeling is indescribable it’s like your whole body is tingling hence the expression ‘buzzing’; you have copious amounts of energy. Normally when I drink and go clubbing I tend to last till 3:00am or 4:00am but on pills I can go all night and the next morning. However despite the euphoric state of mind I was in and the great amount of love I felt for the friends I’d known a mere month and random strangers, I still got terrified.
I was dancing like a madwoman on pills, hugging my mates and generally having a good time and then I looked up and saw a man holding a tiny baby up into the crowd in a baby grow. Due to the fact that it was the first time I’d dropped I was so freaked out that I started to panic, luckily I have amazing friends who were on the same level as me and took me to sit down, and I was fine.
The next morning (and this is the part I most want to share) was possibly the worst I’ve ever felt in my whole life. I had the shakes, my heart was going mental and I had weird palpitations, the sweats etc. and I honestly thought I was dying. I was up for three days straight and it has tarnished how I feel about watching the sunrise. Looking back I think it was just my body’s reaction to my first use of pills but at the time I was petrified. However I weighed it up and I decided the buzz was worth the come down.

No comments: